Exploring yoga classes in Atlanta
The hard part about incorporating yoga in your Atlanta lifestyle is getting started. For beginners, there are so many different forms of yoga, so how can you figure out which is best? If you search in Google for yoga in Atlanta, you will find courses on offer for Hatha, Bikram, Vinyasa, Ashtanga and many other types. Some focus on the mind-body connection, others work on energetic blocks, some preach self-discovery, and some are more physically oriented, with focus on loosing tight muscles.
Collectively, our team of writers has been taking yoga classes in Atlanta for over 15 years. We all started as beginners, so we know how tough it can be to get started. This guide should help to break down your options and give you a few leads to explore.
Best yoga options for women in Atlanta
As defined by the Iyengar school of yoga, Yoga is the “joining or integrating of all aspects of the individual – body with mind and mind with soul – to achieve a happy, balanced and useful life.” Depending on who you ask, the ultimate goal is to reach nirvana. For some of us, the goal might simply be to have more energy for the weekends. Wherever you fit on the spectrum, these are the key things to keep in mind when looking for a yoga studio in Atlanta:
- Different forms: you can find hot yoga classes and also ones specializing in Hatha, Bikram, Ashtanga, etc. There are also a number of fitness-oriented classes around town that skim over the philosophy and focus on the body.
- Various intensity levels: how intense or slow a movement is will depend on the type of yoga you practice. If you’re up for a good challenge, go for Bikram and Power yoga. If you want to take it gentle and slow, Hatha and Iyengar yoga are for you.
- Different target areas: a yoga pose can target your core, arms, back, glutes, and legs. Using nothing more than just the weight of your body, you achieve flexibility and strength.
- Low impact: yoga gives you a full-body workout without the strain on your joints or the risk of injuries. It is one of the safest forms of exercise with results that impact your body, mind, and spirit.
What to look for in an Atlanta yoga studio
We suggest first deciding whether you want to focus on body workouts, or get into the philosophy behind yoga as well. Then, explore the different types of yoga on offer in your area. Below we have three options that cover the range – start with these and begin your research for a yoga studio that’s perfect for your needs:
Look for these things when scoping out studios:
- A professional and relaxing environment to welcome students of all skill levels. Beginner and advanced sessions are available.
- Easy access to different classes at competitive rates.
- Enough practice sessions to help you achieve the best results in a timeframe that you want.
- Qualified instructors and practitioners you can rely on to provide a personalized approach.
- Climate-controlled studio for maximum benefits from the best yoga in Atlanta.